Thursday, July 23, 2020

Flowers

Inspired by Joy Harjo's "Everlasting."





I am clinging to my deep knowledge
that all will be well.
If I'm learning anything, it is that
I have bounced through life,
confronted with tough situations,
and I was assured I'd make it
through.
I did then.
I will now.
I may or may not be offered the
flower of choice;
it will be what it will be.
We charge forward knowing the harm,
and this is baffling.
We have lost our way.
There are flowers for the dead
to come.
Will I be among them? I don't know.
Understanding that I am not to
worry means I cast my soul to
its destiny...

and let it be.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Around and Around We Go

 It is Thursday, and my first thought is Why is the summer going so fast? My second is How will I ever get everything accomplished I need to...