Saturday, June 20, 2020

Meeting the Blues (7 Lines/7Days #5)

 June 20 -27, 2020

#108Weeks



Right now cases are spiking in Florida in people ages 35-40 -- the age of my student's parents, so yeah, not feeling great about that.

If we try to do half school, is that really better? Does it keep anyone safe?

What happens when the first teacher or students gets sick...or worse? It's so damn uncertain.

We now have fatigue over the idea of quarantine, and that is a problem.

The privileged class just wants their lives "back to normal" and will wield their power.

It is absolutely impossible to figure this out.

I've been saved by the poetry of Nikki Giovanni, a collection from the late 90s ever relevant today. The title is Blues for All the Changes.

That says it all.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Don’t Know

 I haven’t written in a couple of days because my mind is whirring. One day I think I know the direction, the next I see different possibili...