Friday, November 1, 2019

23. Reconciliation, a Prayer

#64Challenge

Inspired by the last section of Joy Harjo's poem by the same name.



It is November and things can continue to smooth out. We've had some rough patches and this is always the time we doubt ourselves. But our vocation calls, and we are faced with the person in front of us. See them. Do the next right thing.

Of the south, we feast on the language a writer provides.

Of the west, we give up fear and move forward step by step.

Of the north, where we push beyond the way things are to find new paths to walk.

Of the east, because the work we love is the work we do.






No comments:

Post a Comment

How Melody Inspires

I’m not talking about music melody. I’m talking about my friend Melody. And when I say “friend,” I always get a wry smile. I went to high sc...