Sunday, October 27, 2019

22. Doodling

#64Challenge

We are happily (and slowly) making our way through the wonderful Global Read Aloud The Bridge Home. The kids are really loving it, and we are enjoying communicating with classes in Canada, Michigan, and Indianapolis.

The Global Read Aloud community has more ideas and resources than any teacher can possibly use. One activity I found especially compelling is Doodle Notes. Most of my kids took right to this. This gives them an opportunity to practice their listening skills, while playing with words, images, and colors. Sometimes I ask them to answer a question on their Doodle Notes as a way to finalize the lesson. I have found Doodle Notes a wonderful way to focus and involve everyone in the listening activity, at whatever level they can participate.

Here are some initial examples from all of my classes, advanced and intensive.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Around and Around We Go

 It is Thursday, and my first thought is Why is the summer going so fast? My second is How will I ever get everything accomplished I need to...