Sunday, July 14, 2019

Without a Net

I spent yesterday trying to figure out stuff like photo storage and iCloud on my iPhone and iPad, since neither has been backed up in a long time.  I get nervous, thinking, yikes! What if my iPad dies and I'm not backed up?  I've moved the photos to my Mac for safe keeping, and that will suffice. I will clear the way on my devices to add more, but I don't think that it will help the backup problem.

With this in mind, here is today's poem.


What if I go ahead
and live life without a backup?

What am I clinging to anyway?

Technology can strike such fear in us.
But who really cares?

What happens when I'm gone?

This is the real wisdom behind
living in the moment.

What if I can cull things down
to a few important pieces?
And not everything.

What if I cleaned up my own backup
Let the new in?

What does this moment have to
give me that I can store
without a safety net?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

How Melody Inspires

I’m not talking about music melody. I’m talking about my friend Melody. And when I say “friend,” I always get a wry smile. I went to high sc...