Tuesday, September 11, 2018

Red Sky Talking

I read Nick Flynn's poem "dear lady of 
perpetual something" twice through,
but was still uncertain of the point,
when I realized there was a glow
coming through the blinds. I grabbed
my phone and photographed the sky 
and the lake, in a glory of reds and 
purples, and sent it on entitled
"red sky at morning."
By the time I got back to my chair
and took up the pen, the glow was gone.

I caught a moment.

I've been feeling lazy and sluggish,
not wanting to do my job,
wondering how I will keep going.
The glow tells me to be in the 
moment, stop looking ahead, you've
been doing too much of that and
look how it's dragging you down.

Catch the moment.

Get your energy back.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Around and Around We Go

 It is Thursday, and my first thought is Why is the summer going so fast? My second is How will I ever get everything accomplished I need to...