Thursday, June 28, 2018

Delerium?

...crying where are we anyway, and who,and what, and why?
--Barbara Hamby "Delerium"






This is how I feel now
end of June 2018
world swirling around me
constant feeling we've lost
something valuable
despair, hopelessness, civil war?
violence
decisions affecting people
unexpected
civility? surrender? statis?

But little grassroot things
are happening, the brown
field may start showing
sprouts of green. Among the
angst there are voices
assuring us we can't give up,
there is a way. There is hope.

I reaffirm my place in this madness.

Start where I am.

Stand tall.




No comments:

Post a Comment

How Melody Inspires

I’m not talking about music melody. I’m talking about my friend Melody. And when I say “friend,” I always get a wry smile. I went to high sc...