Saturday, April 21, 2018

Song for the Classroom

Inspired by David Whyte's "Song for a Salmon."



For too many days now
I have not written of
blue space, green space,
or the river flow.

Instead I've been caught in the
current of my teaching life,
in that place of finalizing one year
and thinking of the new
beginning in August, a teacher's
pattern every year,  planning
on how to make the next
year better, to reach deeper
into community and dialogue,
to bring forth the power
of words and the stories of
our lives.

It seems every year we try
and fall short;
only to try again.

The never ending quest
for the Holy Grail of the Classroom.

hms

No comments:

Post a Comment

Around and Around We Go

 It is Thursday, and my first thought is Why is the summer going so fast? My second is How will I ever get everything accomplished I need to...