Saturday, May 6, 2017

Seen From Above



I left my mandolin lesson today and felt the beach calling me. I drove over the Bunche, which was already pretty busy on this super fine day. I decided to just spend some time on a deck overlooking the waterway in the mangroves, a lovely blue and green space to breathe into.



On the way there, I had this thought in my head of a wheel turning in my life. Somehow I have known it was coming, and now it seems to be here. The school year is ending, I'm heading into 9 weeks of time to write and be and travel, I'm looking into new ways of being a teacher come August, and my writing circle is facing some changes. The wheel is turning and I know it is to take me to a new place in my life. I'm fine with that.

When I got home, I read the next poem in the River Flow book. The poem itself was about catching sight of a boy peeing in the garden. I borrowed the title for this blog. I thought about seeing the water and the trees from above on the deck today. Of late I've been remembering to notice the blue space and green space in my life, to take time to breathe it in, to feel a part of it. It has been helping me keep a balance and a calm. It is, to paraphrase David White, a way to "transcend duality" by looking "out at the world/intimately" and experiencing my own arrival.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How Melody Inspires

I’m not talking about music melody. I’m talking about my friend Melody. And when I say “friend,” I always get a wry smile. I went to high sc...