Sunday, September 8, 2024

Where/Who Am I?


 I keep looking at this picture of Alice
And I feel like it’s supposed to help reveal something to me

Where are we in life without our routines?

I’ve lost every bit of mine

Yesterday from the rearview of the ambulance
I was looking at the roads that I’ve traveled so many times
But these same roads I haven’t been on in very long time
As my life has taken these many twists and turns

Once I was in the hospital for a while, I had the routines down
Now I’m somewhere new and starting from scratch

All I really want is to live life on my terms
Choose my own routines
It’s so easy to get lost in this medical mania

What will I remember most about this time?
What will I have learned from this experience?
When will it be my time to emerge?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don’t Know

 I haven’t written in a couple of days because my mind is whirring. One day I think I know the direction, the next I see different possibili...