Thursday, September 26, 2024

Surprise!

 

Jim at 81…Cantina Laredo

Today is a day I was lamenting that I would not be able to see Jim on his 82nd birthday because of a hurricane going by in the Gulf of Mexico. But as I sat here this morning, the sun was filling my condo, and I began to wonder if I could go see him. Surprise him.

I checked the clouds out to the west and I saw there wasn’t much dark activity going on, and I checked my weather app and it appeared that I had a window of time. So I tossed on some clothes and I headed on down and surprised him. He was absolutely not expecting to see me, and I wasn’t expecting to see him, which made the visit so beautiful. I don’t even think I stayed an hour because the wind was starting to whip up a lot, and it appears we’re going to have rain here shortly.

But what a gift. What a gift to me. What a gift to him. And for this particular birthday, and this particular time in our lives, this was absolutely everything.

My heart is truly lifted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don’t Know

 I haven’t written in a couple of days because my mind is whirring. One day I think I know the direction, the next I see different possibili...