Thursday, July 11, 2024

Lifting

 

For two weeks now
I've been moving slow
 
Can't hold much weight
in my right hand
 
Have to lie on my back to sleep
Feels so rigid
 
Every day seems to bring
a new crisis
 
To stress me and
raise my blood pressure
 
When I need to be resting
It proves impossible.
 
When the caretaker gets injured
the whole house suffers
 
It's a constant weighing of
who is best to do what
 
And it's usually me
 
It is so hard sometimes to not feel sad
for my lost summer
 
I long to do my yoga
Walk in nature
 
Sleep on my side
Not worry about Jim
 
But all this proves
impossible
 
I know my body and 
yes, I am healing
 
People do care, and they
have been here
 
I really don't mean 
to be ungrateful
 
My injuries make it harder
for me to deal with 
my husband's terminal illness
 
And now here is where
I remind myself
 
It's only been two weeks,
Helen, give yourself a break
 
When no one is here to lift me
I just have to lift myself

No comments:

Post a Comment

Now I Know

 My heart feels lighter today. Two days ago, I talked to one of the hospice services in our area. I was pretty much told that I needed to br...