Thursday, May 16, 2024

Survival

 


Yesterday after testing, we started our One Book, One School selection, Thunder Cave. Naturally, the after testing environment is chaotic, noisy, and completely insane. Trying to get their attention to start a read aloud was nearly impossible. I will have this challenge again today after the math test. 

When trying to think what to write today, I remembered a quote from the book that I am using for an activity—a spine poem. I decided today I’d write a spine poem about my need to survive this day, using the quote: “Survival is more important than getting there.”

Survival is the name of the game. It

is hardest on these days after testing.

More noise, more craziness, nothing

important to do. Rather

than calming things down, we are

getting barraged with misbehavior.

There is little that can be done.

(Just. Survive)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don’t Know

 I haven’t written in a couple of days because my mind is whirring. One day I think I know the direction, the next I see different possibili...