Wednesday, March 13, 2024

Impermanence Everywhere

 


Words standing out to me today keep pointing to the impermanence of everything.

From Mary Oliver:

All things are meltable and replaceable. Not at this moment, but soon enough.

From David Whyte:

the vanishing point of the sun 

extinguishing time forever

I feel I’m floating in a sea of clouds, ever-changing sky, one second here, next one gone.

If this is supposed to be stabilizing, it sure doesn’t feel that way.

Or have I once again been turned away from faith, trust, and joy?

There’s a question for today. 

ADDENDUM

I got home from work and found this in my Facebook memories:


I don’t think it needs a comment from me.  




No comments:

Post a Comment

Around and Around We Go

 It is Thursday, and my first thought is Why is the summer going so fast? My second is How will I ever get everything accomplished I need to...