Sunday, March 3, 2024

High Alert

 


High alert
That’s the way I have felt now for over a month.
My body always ready to handle
The next emergency
The next emotional jarring

Gratefully,
 I am off high alert this morning.
Gratefully,
 I was able to just do self-care yesterday,
 after the loss of our son.
Gratefully, 
Last night the weather was perfect for an 
open air restaurant meal 
with gentle guitar music and a good friend.

Today, my body feels like it’s mine.
Like I’m not moving through deep water.
Like when I stretch, it won’t be tight rubber bands.

For now, I’m off high alert. 
                                                       And I am grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Now I Know

 My heart feels lighter today. Two days ago, I talked to one of the hospice services in our area. I was pretty much told that I needed to br...