Monday, February 5, 2024

Why I Married This Man

 


Early today I took Jim to LabCorp to get a blood test. We went right when they opened since he didn’t have an appointment. For those not familiar, they have an electronic check-in you have to use.

There was a woman there with a cane, well into her 80s, who was waiting in line and complaining loudly on how she won’t use the machine, it just messes her up. A lot of what she was saying was coming out gibberish, and most people were just ignoring her. Yet, she couldn’t quit telling everyone in the waiting room about her hate for the machine. 

Jim was not on his oxygen, and could have just ignored her like everyone else did. But instead, he gently suggested he would help her. She agreed. I now can see that is what she wanted all along. He worked with her patiently and gently to help her check in. I sat marveling at this man I love so much, someone who despite his own health issues could take time to help a total stranger who was in distress.


1 comment:

  1. He is the kindest soul and he can be feisty; that's why I love him too!

    ReplyDelete

Don’t Know

 I haven’t written in a couple of days because my mind is whirring. One day I think I know the direction, the next I see different possibili...