Thursday, February 8, 2024

A Simple Gesture

 Yesterday my dear teacher friend stopped over during 7th period and told me she would take my kids to the lunchroom and picked them up, so I can have a few extra minutes.

This was a real lesson in the power of a simple gesture . Our lunch periods are only 25 minutes to start, so every minute counts. 

Many people tell me to reach out if I need something. I didn’t even know I needed this! Thank you, Debbie, for recognizing that doing this little thing could give me just a few more minutes to breathe and be, a respite all teachers need during the day. 




2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And there is an unmistakable gesture of love ❤️. It's yours for the taking because YOU are so loving.
    (I deleted my last comment because I didn't know how to edit and I had a misspelled word.)

    ReplyDelete

Now I Know

 My heart feels lighter today. Two days ago, I talked to one of the hospice services in our area. I was pretty much told that I needed to br...