Monday, September 5, 2022

The Return of Doodle Notes

 Slowly but surely we are recovering from a couple of years of being waylaid by circumstances. Namely the pandemic, and all that came with it.

I have been reading aloud a book called Rhyme Schemer to my learners as a way to help them recognize better techniques for reading fiction. We are using Notice and Note signposts mostly, but the other day I pulled out something I used the year we taught The Bridge Home for the Global Read Aloud (seems like eons ago now!)

Doodle notes are a way for learners to focus on their listening by pulling words and phrases from the text and writing them down or drawing quick sketches. Many respond to this type of approach, and it provided me with some good information. In this case, I included a question for them to answer at the end.

There are so many ways to assess our learners. Doodle notes makes it colorful and practical and fun.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Now I Know

 My heart feels lighter today. Two days ago, I talked to one of the hospice services in our area. I was pretty much told that I needed to br...