Sunday, December 5, 2021

22. Power of Spirit

 Written during Write Around the Corner meeting 12/4/2021



The opening lines of "Eagle Poem" by Joy Harjo inspired this piece.

To pray you open your whole self
To sky, to earth, to sun, to moon
To one whole voice that is you
And know there is more
That you can't see, can't hear;
Can't know except in moments

Doesn't that just say it all?
How far I've come by opening myself up
Rather than closing myself off.
How perfectly ironic that
the day I saw the two eagles
was within the same day my journey --
this part of the journey--
began.
These two eagles were not circling in blue sky
or flying over a river.
There were calmly sitting on the roof next door,
looking around, for quite a while,
as I prepared some things in the kitchen.
Little did I know they were the 
harbingers of what was to come:
The Power of Spirit saying
look. listen. see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Around and Around We Go

 It is Thursday, and my first thought is Why is the summer going so fast? My second is How will I ever get everything accomplished I need to...