Sunday, April 23, 2017

Bougainvillea, I Think

Today I skipped the fundraising run/walk because the rain was torrential and lightning threatening. But by around noon, I was longing for some blue space.  I took myself out for a quick walk around the block.

It's a muggy day, and everything is wet, the sidewalks covered with leaves and blossoms and bits of mulch from the rain.  People in my neighborhood were driving a bit crazy, on their cell phones, pulling out in front of each other.  Floridians can't function well without sun.

What I noticed most in my neighborhood was the Bougainvillea blooming everywhere.  It made me think of my favorite song on Sam Outlaw's new album.  It's a sweet story, and I love the chorus.  Take a listen.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Around and Around We Go

 It is Thursday, and my first thought is Why is the summer going so fast? My second is How will I ever get everything accomplished I need to...