Wednesday, July 24, 2024

Driving

 


Today I decided I had to color this picture of a car because I’m moving slowly toward driving again.

It’s terrifying.

Even beginning to color this picture, I found myself with a little anxiety. Nothing terrible — just enough.

My counselor suggested that I just spend time getting to know my new car. This whole thing might be different if I was just getting into a car I was familiar with, but this one is a bit different and I’m finding it a little intimidating.

I took her advice and went down and sat in the car, got out the owners manual, and just started to get familiar with some of the main things that I know I need. I also brought down items to put in my car that I need in there, such as my umbrella and a box of Kleenex. 

It went well. I even backed the car out so I could work a little bit with the radio, because it doesn’t work in the garage.

So I took a big step today. My plan is by the weekend to be able to take some small trips. It will feel good to be independent again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Now I Know

 My heart feels lighter today. Two days ago, I talked to one of the hospice services in our area. I was pretty much told that I needed to br...