Saturday, July 27, 2024

Choose Joy

Today is one month since my accident.

My attention was drawn to something that has been sitting on my dining room table along with all the other items Margie and Paul got out of my wrecked car.


This magnet sat on the back of my silver Tucson. I’d make note of it every time I was loading groceries, or I came out of my classroom at the end of a long day.

One month ago, this magnet on the back of my car was the last thing I saw out the back window of the ambulance as I was carried to a world unknown and unplanned.

These past 30 days have been a continuing lesson in choosing joy. It seems the lesson can never be learned deeply enough.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Now I Know

 My heart feels lighter today. Two days ago, I talked to one of the hospice services in our area. I was pretty much told that I needed to br...