Thursday, March 28, 2024

A Little Joy

I didn’t have an idea for writing this morning. Now it’s after 5 pm, and I know I have got to do this now before I grow any more tired.

Here are a few joyful moments from today:

My intensive reader didn’t do well on a small assessment, but when I looked deeper I had an epiphany about what I need to teach them to do.

I saw a Swallowtail Kite sailing over our school when I was on one of the outdoor walkways.

Last week I shared a poem written by one of my students. Today I gave her a journal and some colorful pens so she can keep writing. Then she emailed and thanked me, and ask that I send her some prompts. I found a long list for middle schoolers for her, and emailed it back.

I have my first nearly ready presentation in Global Perspectives. These 2 girls have worked very hard on their project related to asylum seekers, and will be presenting it as an interview. I watched them practice today, and was impressed. They took my feedback and got right back to work. 

We have been having trouble getting a portable oxygen unit for Jim. He has severe COPD, and the doctor put the order in. But unlike other prescriptions, the people providing the oxygen make the final decision on whether you get it or not. (Totally insane.) The pulmonologist’s assistant got involved, and we may be able to secure something more workable than we have now. It’s not ideal, but it will have to do. I am grateful to those who have tried to help us. Carting those metal tanks up and down the stairs and in and out of the car is an ongoing safety issue.

I was able to enjoy my 6th grade Global Perspectives students. I let myself relax with them, and they played Quizlet Live. They had fun, and I witnessed them learning and teaching each other. I vowed to have more classes like this one.

I am grateful for a four day weekend! 🧡🩵💚🩷

Sharing a couple of Swallowtail pics my friend Debbie took in her neighborhood.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Now I Know

 My heart feels lighter today. Two days ago, I talked to one of the hospice services in our area. I was pretty much told that I needed to br...