Thursday, January 4, 2024

Finding Peace Among the Sculptures and the Flowers

 Yesterday my friend Kara and I visited the Peace River Botanical and Sculpture Gardens. Although I didn’t take a ton of photos, I collected some representative remembrances. 


Meandering walkways and boardwalks carry visitors through the park. We loved this view with the contrasting greens and browns.

Next up, the Butterfly House.




The sculptures around the park were in a wide variety, and from artists all over the world. There were some in stone, some in glass, others cut out of appliances and cars. I did not photograph many of them, but a couple favorites.




The park is divided in two by a road, and in the second half we found more tremendous sculptures, a koi pond, and a sensory garden. We walked to the gazebo at the end of a pier in the Peace River where we watched a huge flock of loons hanging out and getting lunch. 


On the way back from the river we walked a mangrove boardwalk. We created a new saying for our friendship: “You and me and the trees!” The peace and beauty and expansive art and nature had been a balm to our souls.

After a pleasant visit to the gift shop, we returned to the main park and came upon Andy Warhol. Apparently, 20 of these were made when the famous Pop Art artist passed away.


All in all, an absolutely perfect January day in Punta Gorda with art, nature, and a good friend.


Kara by the koi pond



No comments:

Post a Comment

How Melody Inspires

I’m not talking about music melody. I’m talking about my friend Melody. And when I say “friend,” I always get a wry smile. I went to high sc...