Monday, September 5, 2022

Word Play


 This year I want to be more focused on WORDS -- vocabulary, roots, prefixes, suffixes, commonly confused words, and of course, parts of speech that elude so many of my learners.

Much to my surprise, without any prompting from me, my learners have taken on wordle type games. We are using a website called WordPlay that has unlimited wordle style games. It has become the favorite way to end the class periods, especially in the afternoon.

I doubt this would have been as successful if I had tried to impose this on them. As it is, they have a lot to learn about figuring out the puzzles. I gently prod them along, but sometimes leave it to them. All in all, most puzzles have been getting solved.

I am grateful for this technology which has made this simple thing possible -- a class builder and a learning opportunity disguised as fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Now I Know

 My heart feels lighter today. Two days ago, I talked to one of the hospice services in our area. I was pretty much told that I needed to br...