Wednesday, April 1, 2020

44. Day Three

#64Challenge

On on the third day, she rose again.

More like crashed down.

Day One was super busy. Day Two, I was tracking well, feeling great.

Now...Day Three.

Full resistance to having to go to a faculty Zoom meeting...and then the ending where my principal told us in a round about way that she was retiring, then signed off before she could cry in front of us.

And now I'm trying to concentrate, and I simply cannot.

I've tried now for over 90 minutes. So I decided the best thing I can do -- the thing I would tell my students to do -- is to write.

This is a day people don't seem to have answers for.

This is a day when those students we were already worried about haven't checked in, and now we're even more worried.

This is a day I need to get through.

This is a day I need to TRUST.

This is a day I need to know everything changes. This will, too.

I will take care of myself.

I will find the energy for lesson planning and the rest -- AFTER I take care of myself.

This is the third day.  The first day of a new month.

A day not to rise, but to float.

Let it be.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Now I Know

 My heart feels lighter today. Two days ago, I talked to one of the hospice services in our area. I was pretty much told that I needed to br...