Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Here Beside Us

As part of my practice, I read a section of The Snow Leopard by Peter Matthiessen every day. It is the perfect Blue Space/Green Space activity since he is writing a detailed journal of being high in the Himalayas. Today, three paragraphs stood out to me, and I created this found poem:

These days are luminous

No wisp of cloud
Pure heat of our star
Something arises
This ringing

Diamond ice cracks the stone
Sun glints like a weapon
My eyes see straight into the heart of chaos
An echo, pulsing in the star heat

Eternity is not remote
It is here beside us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Around and Around We Go

 It is Thursday, and my first thought is Why is the summer going so fast? My second is How will I ever get everything accomplished I need to...